The human foot contains 33 joints, which can lead to numerous areas that can become problematic in a person’s lifetime. Joint pain is a debilitating problem that most people suffer at some point their life. It can be caused by a traumatic injury, such as a sports injury, or from repetitive every day use throughout one’s life. With joint pain comes impairment of performing your day to day activities.
This makes it our priority to ensure that you get back as fast as you can to your activities. Different treatments for joint pain include
- Cortisone injections to decrease inflammation and help decrease pain
- Physical Therapy to strengthen surrounding soft tissue structures to stabilize the joint
- Orthotics to help alleviate pain by correcting your biomechanics of walking
- Immobilization/bracing to support the affected joint and allow for the swelling and pain to decrease
- Joint replacements to re-create a severely arthritic joint, that is painful with motion, to a more serviceable joint that glides with much improvement